Establish the Purchasing Division as the
central, automated procurement source for all City and
County agencies to ensure the appropriate, cost-effective
acquisition, distribution, and disposal of all goods and
services for our customers.
To effectively administer the complete
procurement cycle of all goods and services on behalf of
our customers from the initial needs determination and
purchasing process, through evaluation, delivery,
implementation, and final disposition of the goods or
conclusion of the contracts.
- Provide, at the time and place needed, in the proper quantity and
of the proper quality all materials, supplies, tools, and services required
for the City's, County's and Building Commission's operations.
- Secure such materials, supplies, tools and services at the lowest
possible cost, consistent with prevailing economic conditions, while
establishing and maintaining a reputation of fairness and integrity.
- Furnish management with timely information and to advise them
concerning market conditions and trends which could affect the future
availability and price of any needed materials, supplies, tools or
- Protect and preserve all materials which are being held in storage
to meet future requirements.
- Provide all traffic and transportation services necessary for the
accomplishment of the above duties.
- Obtain the greatest possible revenue from the disposal of
by-products and of surplus, damaged, or obsolete materials and equipment.
- Encourage the procurement and use of recycled products.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Pursue emerging technology.
- Facilitate interaction and communications between the Purchasing
Division and our customers.