- Provide environmentally safe and economical disposal and recycling of solid wastes generated in Lancaster County.
- Provide adequate facilities, personnel, equipment, and management services to operate the City's landfill facilities, yard waste composting facility and convenience transfer station for small vehicles.
- Design, construct and operate facilities and programs in accordance to all regulatory requirements.
- Use adequate equipment and landfilling methods, in addition to economical recycling programs, to increase the life of Lincoln's landfill facilities.
- Create beneficial products from organic waste materials such as wastewater biosolids and yard waste that can be safely used for soil amendments.
- Utilize private service providers for the collection of solid wastes within Lincoln and Lancaster County.
- Fund other solid waste programs including recycling, household hazardous waste management, special waste management and illegal dumpsite cleanups in Lancaster County.
- General revenues necessary for all programs and activities through user fees without the use of tax dollars and keep user fees as low as possible while adhering to the other program goals.