Flood standards for New Growth Areas were approved by the City Council on May 10, 2004 and became effective on May 25, 2004. Chapter 10 of the Drainage Criteria Manual provides a good overview of these requirements. The full set of regulations and standards can be found below.
Flood Standards for the Existing Urban Area had minor updates on May 10, 2004 and January 9, 2006. These standards can also be found below (see chapters 26.24 and chapter 27.52). The area where each set of standards applies is shown on the Application Area Map (4.6 M) .
*All documents in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
Flood Regulations and Standards
|Title 26, Lincoln Subdivision Ordinance||Title 27, Lincoln Zoning Ordinance||Lincoln Design Standards for Zoning and Subdivision Regulations|
Drainage Criteria Manual
- Chapter 1, "Introduction" (58 K)
• Appendix 1-C - Glossary of Key Terms (52 K)
- Chapter 10, "Flood Design Criteria for New Growth Areas" (367 K)
The documents below are excerpts from the 2025 Lincoln City/Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan. For the complete 2025 Lincoln City/Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan, please visit www.lincoln.ne.gov, keyword: COMPPLAN
- F-78 - F-81 Future Conditions - Utilities: Watershed Management (122 K)
- F-22, F-23 & F-25 Future Conditions - Community Form: Implementation (1.43 M)
- • Major Policies and Standards Brochure
- No Adverse Impact • No Net Rise • Minimum Flood Corridor • Compensatory Storage • Best Available Information
- • Overview
- • Summary
- • Special Note on Minimum Flood Corridors
- • Task Force Recommendations for New Growth Areas (187 K)
- • Mayor's Floodplain Task Force
- ASFPM No Adverse Impact Tabloid (907 K)
- Floodplain Task Force Fact Sheet Handout