Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question, please call us at 402-441-7281
or e-mail us.
- Where is the City Attorney's Office Located?
- In the County/City Building
555 South 10 Street, Suite 300
- Is the City Attorney elected or appointed?
- The City Attorney is appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council.
- Does the City Attorney's Office prosecute citizens?
- Yes. The office also prosecutes
misdemeanor offenses such as traffic and motor vehicle violations, general peace and
moral offenses, building code and health violations.
- What other type of service does the City Attorney's Office handle
- Staff attorneys also research,
draft and review contracts, ordinances, resolutions, deeds, executive orders,
certificates of insurance and various applications and permits.