What are the dates for the next LFR hiring opportunity?
The City County Personnel Department will be accepting applications for Firefighter Trainee and Firefighter/Paramedic Trainee January 20 (after 4:30 p.m.) - January 31, 2014 ONLY.
Previous years applications do not count towards this years process. Please reapply.
Click here to sign up to be notified via e-mail when recruitment for Firefighter Trainee or Firefighter/Paramedic Trainee begins. Then click on "eNotification".
The written test is tentatively scheduled for Monday, February 17, 2014. location, TBA.
The ability test will tentatively be the week of March 10, 2014, location to be announced, for those who qualify.
The oral interviews will be scheduled for those who qualify.
If you have any questions, please phone the City/County
Personnel Department, Employment Office at (402) 441-7597 or send an e-mail to:
email@example.com and someone will be happy to help you.
How should I prepare to be a Firefighter or Firefighter/Paramedic?
- Find out as much as you can about Lincoln Fire & Rescue. What do they do? What are the minimum requirements? Talk to firefighters about their job and training.
- Prepare yourself physically. For example, run, stretch, lift weights, carry things up and down stairs, and practice the physical ability test. Push yourself so you are prepared.
- Prepare yourself for the interviews. Practice interviews. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, your education, and your past experience/jobs.
- Do volunteer work, such as with the Red Cross First Aid Team, at community centers, schools, volunteer fire departments, athletic teams, etc. Play on athletic teams. Any activitiy you do is a plus.
- Increase your education...in any field. Post high school education in fire science, a current EMT-B Certification, Fire Fighter I Certification, or a Paramedic National Certification is desired.
- The YWCA provides an ongoing pre-application preparation and assistance program and may be
contacted at 434-3494 for details.