To coordinate emergency medical services and ambulance transport of the department to assure the highest level of prehospital medical care possible for citizens in need.
- Provide basic and advanced life support quick response teams to respond to 911 requests for priority, life threatening, emergency medical assistance in the City of Lincoln within five (5) minutes or less, ninety percent (90%) of the time.
- Provide advaned life support ambulance response for transport to respond to 911 requests for priority, life threatening, emergency medical assistance the City of Lincoln within eight (8) minutes or less, ninety percent of the time.
- Provide routine ambulance services for scheduled patient transfers on time 95% of the time.
Provide local, community routine medical support for citizens at the neighborhood fire stations (BP checks, immunizations, medication interaction advice, nutrition advice and minor first aid).
- Expand CPR and EMT training opportunities to all members of the community
through Lincoln Fire Department's assets as a State Training Agency.
- Modernize dispatching and reporting requirements by adding automatic
vehicle locating (AVL) satellite technology and hand held computers for patient
- Investigate adding 12-lead EKG capabilities to in-field units with equipment to transmit EKG's to
the emergency department prior to the ambulance arrival at the ER.
- Provide paramedic-engine companies with alternative options for transportation for
patients who may need to see a physician but do not require ambulance transport to an
emergency room (taxi-vouchers).