Tobacco Prevention & Education
Hours and Location
- Office Hours
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 3140 N St, 2nd Floor, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510
Please call for more information.
- Each year, around 2,200 Nebraskans die from a smoking-related illness.
- About 537 million dollars are spent each year in Nebraska to treat residents with a smoking-related illness.
- 2,000 Nebraska kids each year become regular smokers.
Our program goals are to keep children from starting to use tobacco and promote tobacco-free environments. Our efforts include providing school and community tobacco education programs, promoting tobacco-free environments, offering tools to assist in quitting tobacco use, and monitoring compliance of laws regulating tobacco sales and laws prohibiting indoor smoking.
Established partnerships throughout the community allow us to
- educate youth in school classrooms and community centers
- create peer-to-peer youth tobacco prevention awareness campaigns
- assist businesses in establishing tobacco-free campus policies
- assist renters in locating smoke-free housing map
- perform inspections on retailers to monitor compliance with tobacco sales laws
- provide information to assist residents with their desire to quit using tobacco
Tobacco Free Lancaster County
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department's Tobacco Prevention and Education program works with the Tobacco Free Lancaster County coalition to promote the following objectives for Lancaster County:
- Preventing and reducing tobacco use among youth and adults
- Eliminating the public's exposure to secondhand smoke
- Ensuring all populations have access to tobacco prevention information and services
- Promoting tobacco use cessation among youth and adults
Play Tobacco Free at Lincoln Parks
Tobacco Surveys and Statistics
- Lancaster County Tobacco Prevention Highlights
- Data and Trends on Tobacco Use in Nebraska
- Lincoln Smoking Regulation Act (LSRA)
- Nebraska Clean Indoor Air Act – 2009