Welcome to the Environmental Public Health Division
Environmental Public Health works to ensure all people in Lincoln and Lancaster County are living, working, learning and playing in safe and healthy environments.
Environmental Public Health Division’s Mission is to protect human health by:
- Assuring healthy environments.
- Preventing illness and disease.
- Safeguarding the natural environment upon which life depends.
Environmental Public Health Staff Work To:
- Change behavior (inspire, train, educate).
- Help provide technical assistance, health consultation and manage risk.
- Issue permits to construct, operate or work.
- Inspect to assure regulatory compliance.
- Investigate disease outbreaks.
- Involve those that are regulated.
- Enforce the laws and regulations.
Lincoln & Lancaster County Environmental Leadership Awards Ceremony
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Environmental Leadership Awards honor businesses, organizations and individuals who have demonstrated environmental stewardship and dedication to sustaining and improving our environment. The City of Lincoln and Lancaster County Environmental Leadership Awards Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, November 2 from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. Pre-paid reservations of $15 per person are due by October 26. Environmental Leadership Awards Invite