- KLKN-TV with Broadcast House stations - KLIN, B107(KBBK), Froggy 98(KFGE),
Kool 105 (KKUL) - raised $225,000 for Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- KOLN-KGIN-TV with Three Eagles stations -- KFOR, KFRX, 95 Rock (KRKR),
ESPN 1480 -- raised $31,000 for Red Cross.
- Clear Channel stations -- The Blaze (KIBZ), KISSFM (KSLI), 96KX (KZKX) and the
Eagle (KTGL) - raised over $6,000 for the Salvation Army.
- Combined broadcast Saturday, September 15: Three Eagles, Clear Channel and Bryan
LGH raised $21,000 for Red Cross and firefighter relief.
- Douglas Theatres is donating the proceeds from ticket and concession sales at
Star Ship 9 Wednesday, September 19 and matching that amount. The total raised is
nearly $8,400. The fund-raiser was also sponsored by Clear Channel Communications
in conjunction with the Lincoln Police Department.
- donations received - about $82,000
- other assistance - working with the Gallup organization to send boots, gloves and medical supplies to rescue crews.
- Lincoln headquarters: 474-6263
- Salvation Army Disaster Fund, Box 30232, Lincoln, NE 68503
- donations received - about $257,000 (includes funds from media campaigns)
- The 1,400 employees of Duncan Aviation have donated unused vacation time and cash totalling $33,000.
- Two local Red Cross volunteers are now in New York, and six more are on stand by.
- More than 100 local volunteers are providing mental health services, assistance in searching for missing family members, and support for local military families.
- Lincoln-Lancaster County Chapter: 441-7997
- American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, P.O. Box 83267, Lincoln, NE 68501
- 1-800-HELP NOW
- Cushman Inc. has donated 12 light-utility vehicles to the rescue efforts.
- The Lincoln firefighters’ Monday and Tuesday evening chili feeds raised about
$30,000. The employees of Blue Cross/Blue Shield have donated $5,000. Donations are
still being accepted. Make checks payable to: NYC Firefighters 9-11 Relief Fund,
Lincoln Fire Department, Firefighters Reception Hall, 241 Victory Lane, Lincoln, NE 68528.
- The Association of Students of the University of Nebraska (ASUN) is selling
ribbons for $1, with proceeds going to the Red Cross. By the afternoon of Wednesday,
September 19, ASUN had raised nearly $4,500, including $500 from First Federal Lincoln.
ASUN is being assisted by the Arnold Air Society and Students for Life. Ribbons are
available at the Student Union on the city campus or by calling ASUN at 472-2581.
Community Blood Bank:
- Units donated September 11 through 14 - 950
- Units shipped to east coast - 267
- Number of new or re-activated donors - 3,500
- Donations: 474-1781
- Two city employees left immediately after the attacks for Washington, D.C.
Deputy Fire Chief John Huff is serving as an incident support team manager.
Keith Houfek, an Emergency Services Dispatcher with the city’s Emergency
Communications/911 Center, is serving as a communications specialist.
- The Lincoln Fire Department’s Nebraska Task Force One is now scheduled to leave
Friday, September 28 for New York. The team has 62 members, including about 50 Lincoln
Lincoln Responds to Tragedy