CITY OF LINCOLN NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
United States Postal Service
November 2, 2001
What should make me suspect of a piece of mail?
- It's unexpected or from someone you don't know.
- It's addressed to somone no longer at your address.
- It's handwritten and has no return address or bears one that you can't confrim is legitimate.
- It's lopsided or lumpy in appearance.
- It's sealed with excessive amount of tape.
- It's marked with restrictive endorcements such as "Personal" or "Confidential".
- It has excessive postage.
What should I do with suspicious piece of mail?
- Don't handle a letter or package that you suspect is contaminated.
- Don't shake it, bump it, or sniff it.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Notify local law enforcement authorities.