City of Lincoln
2012 Media Releases
- November 28, 2012
- For More Information Contact:
- Diane Gonzolas, Citizen Information Center, 402-441-7831
- Jill Englehart, PC Sports, 402-477-0487
- Chris Anderson, NU Athletics, 402-472-7771
- Kelly Bartling, UNL, 402-472-2059
Public Invited to Sign Final Beam to Be Raised at Pinnacle Bank Arena
The West Haymarket Joint Public Agency (JPA) invites the public to sign the final steel beam that will be hoisted into place for the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The beam will be available at two events:
- Thursday, December 6 at the Bob Devaney Sports Center prior to and during halftime of the Huskers basketball game with Creighton. The beam will be in the Hendricks Training Complex lobby beginning at 6 p.m. A game ticket is required for entry.
- Friday, December 7 at Iron Horse Park, 7th and "Q" streets in the Haymarket. This signing from 4 to 7 p.m. coincides with the First Friday Art Walk.
"The raising of the final steel beam is a milestone event in the construction of the Pinnacle Bank Arena," said Mayor Chris Beutler, Chair of the West Haymarket JPA. "This is an opportunity for the public to be part of the history of this facility which will serve our community for many years."
The Pinnacle Bank Arena will be the home of the UNL basketball program and is on schedule to be completed in the fall of 2013. More information is available at PinnacleBankArena.com and haymarketnow.com.