City of Lincoln
2013 Media Releases
- June 11, 2013
- For More Information Contact:
- Heath Gewecke, Parks and Recreation, 402-441-6792
Register Now for Ager Play Center Summer Classes
Registration is now open for preschool summer classes at the Ager Indoor Play Center, 1300 S. 27th Street. Two separate four-week sessions begin July 8 and August 5. To register or for more information, call Heath Gewecke at 402-441-6792.
Four summer classes are being offered:
- Yoga in the Park - Children and their parents will enjoy eight yoga sessions taught by a Lincoln Yoga Center instructor. Classes will be held from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. and 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Arts and Crafts - These four art sessions include more than just colors and construction paper. This class introduces preschoolers to shapes, colors and different art mediums. Classes will be held Tuesdays, with 2-year-olds meeting from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. and 3- to 5-year olds meeting from 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- Musical Motion - A qualified instructor will provide a fun introduction to musical rhythm, instruments and movement. Classes will be held Thursday mornings, with children age 18 months to 30 months meeting from 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. and children age 30 months to 5 years meeting from 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- Nature Walk - Kids and adults will take guided walks through the Sunken Garden, the Rose Garden and other Parks and Recreation treasures. Children age 2 through 5 will meet from 9 to 10 a.m.
The Ager Indoor Play Center is a cool, clean and comfortable place for summer fun with over 24,000 square feet of play space. Children age 3 and older under 48 inches tall will find tunnels, slides and ball pools in the giant play space. The enclosed toddler area allows those not yet age 3 to explore and play at their own speed. Carpeted pathways are available for kids to ride cars and pull wagons, and benches are available for adults to watch the fun.
The Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday through September 30. For more information, call 402-441-6788 or visit parks.lincoln.ne.gov.