City of Lincoln
2014 Media Releases
- February 21, 2014
- For More Information Contact:
- Vicki Wood, Lincoln City Libraries, 402-441-8565
Register Now for "Read to a Dog" Program
Registration is now open for the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Pre-registration is required.
Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts, once a week for six weeks. The sessions begin Monday, March 17 and run through Saturday, April 26 at these library branches:
- Anderson Branch, 3635 Touzalin Ave., Thursdays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. To register, contact Shirley at 402-641-6142 (evenings only) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eiseley Branch, 1530 Superior St., Tuesdays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. To register, contact Dan at 402-730-5274 or email@example.com.
- Gere Branch, 2400 S. 56th St., Mondays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. To register, contact Mimi at 402-217-9019.
- South Branch, 2675 South St., Thursdays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. To register, contact Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walt Branch, 6701 S. 14th St., Saturdays, 2 to 4 p.m. To register, contact Angela at email@example.com.
For more information on Lincoln City Libraries, visit lincolnlibraries.org.