City of Lincoln
2014 Media Releases
- December 30, 2014
- For More Information Contact:
- Ty Barger, Public Works and Utilities, 402-430-4007
Citizens Urged to Report Potholes
Public Works and Utilities officials want to remind residents that potholes and other non-emergency street problems can be reported in four ways:
- Call the Pothole Hotline at 402-441-7646. If that line is full, callers can use the Neighborhood Hotline at 402-441-6300.
- Call the Street Maintenance Division of Public Works and Utilities at 402-441-7701. Street problems requiring immediate action should be reported to this number.
- Use the online form available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: pothole).
- Use your mobile phone to send a photo to the City's ACTION center. The free application is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices (search for "Lincoln Action Center"). The message will automatically include GPS (global positioning system) information. This app should never be used while driving, and residents should never put themselves in danger to take a photo for the ACTION center.
Those reporting emergency situations should always use 911.
Motorists are urged to drive carefully. Public Works and Utilities officials appreciate the public's patience as they work to repair the city's streets.