City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- May 21, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Peggy Apthorpe, Aging Partners, 402-441-7796
Aging Partners Offers Free "Feeling Fit" Classes
The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners' "Feeling Fit" classes as part of the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series. Classes are from noon to 12:45 p.m. Fridays from June 1 through September 28 at the Jayne Snyder Trails Center, 21st and "Q" streets. All classes are free and open to the public, and no preregistration is required. Seven different types of classes are offered:
- June 1 - Dynamic Movement involves stretching, breathing and a combination of exercises and dance steps to isolate muscle groups, enhance flexibility, increase heart rate and improve strength.
- June 8 - Movement and Music explores elements of dance in a no-pressure, social environment at a comfortable pace.
- June 15 - Chair Dance is a fun empowering class that includes aerobic activities done while sitting or standing near a chair.
- June 22 - Qigong movements work with the body, breath, mind and subtle energies to attain health, vitality and longevity.
- June 29 - Tai Chi - Moving for Better Balance is a fall prevention program using principles and movements of Tai Chi.
- July 6 - Line Dance participants will follow an instructor who leads a sequence of steps done in a line to country music.
- July 13 - Movement and Music
- July 20 - Dynamic Movement
- July 27 - Chair Dance
- August 3 - Simply Fit is an eclectic class that incorporates movements from dance, yoga, tai chi and qigong in a fun and interesting way.
- August 10 - Movement and Music
- August 17 - Chair Dance
- August 24 - Line Dance
- August 31 - Tai Chi - Moving for Better Balance
- September 7 - Movement and Music
- September 14 - Qigong
- September 21 - Tai Chi - Moving for Better Balance
- September 28 - Chair Dance
The Move More Lincoln Wellness Series is designed to help individuals stay active, flexible and balanced. It is sponsored by the Community Health Endowment of Lincoln and Lincoln Parks and Recreation.
More information about Aging Partners is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov
. More information about the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series can be found at chelincoln.org (select Move More Lincoln in the "News, Events & Resources" tab).