City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- November 16, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- David Norris, Aging Partners, 402-441-6156
Seniors Invited to Participate in Aging Partners Events November 19 Through 25
Aging Partners invites senior citizens and the general public to attend a variety of senior-focused activities and classes in Lincoln and Lancaster County from November 19 through 25:
Monday, November 19
- Qigong Refresh and Recharge class, Cotner Center Condominium - 10 to 11 a.m.
- Musical performance by The Clefs, Downtown Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Thanksgiving holiday meal, Firth Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- 10-point Pitch, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- Tai Chi: Continuing 24 Form, Cotner Center Condominium - 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance, Eastridge Presbyterian Church - 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Dynamic Movement class, Cotner Center Condominium - 2 to 3 p.m.
Tuesday, November 20
- Learn to speak Spanish class, Downtown Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- Dynamic Movement class, Auld Pavilion - 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Chair Tai Chi, St. Paul United Methodist Church - 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.
- Tai Chi: Moving For Better Balance, F Street Recreation Center - 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Beginners 8 Form Tai Chi for Balance and Fall Prevention, Auld Pavilion - 10:45 to 11:45 a.m.
- BINGO, Belmont Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Lake Street Senior Center - 12:15 p.m.
Wednesday, November 21
- Senior Walking Warriors exercise group, Hickman Senior Center - 9 a.m.
- Book Buddies, Downtown Senior Center - 9:30 a.m.
- BINGO, Northeast Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- Musical performance by Fine Wine, Lake Street Senior Center - 10 a.m.
- BINGO, Downtown Senior Center - 10:30 a.m.
- BINGO, JoAnn Maxey Senior Center - 11:30 a.m.
- 10-Point Pitch and Bridge, Northeast Senior Center - 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- Chair Yoga, Eastridge Presbyterian Church - 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Diabetes Self-Management workshop, Ambassador Health of Lincoln - 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23
AGING PARTNERS OFFICES AND SENIOR CENTERS ARE CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING
Senior Center Meal Schedule (reservations required two working days in advance):
- Belmont Senior Center (402-441-7990): Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Bennet Senior Center (402-416-7693): Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Downtown Senior Center (402-441-7154): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Firth Senior Center (402-416-7693): Mondays at 11:30 a.m.
- Hickman Senior Center (402-416-7693): Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center (402-441-7849): Wednesdays and Fridays at noon
- Lake Street Senior Center (402-441-7157): Monday - Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Northeast Senior Center (402-441-7151): Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Waverly Senior Center (402-416-7693): Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Ambassador Health of Lincoln, 4405 Normal Blvd.
- Asian Senior Center, 144 N. 44th St.
- Auld Pavilion, 1650 Memorial Drive
- Belmont Senior Center, 1234 Judson St.
- Bennet Senior Center, 970 Monroe St.
- Cotner Center Condominium, 1540 N. Cotner Blvd.
- Downtown Senior Center, 1005 "O" St.
- Eastridge Presbyterian Church, 1135 Eastridge Dr.
- F Street Recreation Center, 1225 "F" St.
- Firth Senior Center, 311 Nemaha St.
- Hickman Senior Center, 115 Locust St.
- JoAnn Maxey Senior Center, 2032 "U" St.
- Lake Street Senior Center, 2400 S. 11th St.
- Northeast Senior Center, 6310 Platte Ave.
- St. Paul United Methodist Church, 1144 "M" St.
- Waverly Senior Center, 14410 Folkestone St.
For information on classes or to register, call 402-441-7575. Roundtrip transportation is available for senior center meals and activities in Lincoln only by calling the centers directly (phone numbers listed in meal schedule). For more information on senior center events and activities, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: my center news) or call 402-441-7158.