Lincoln Cares is a fun, easy way to support parks and recreation in Lincoln, for only $1 per month!
Lincoln Cares is the City of Lincoln’s voluntary donation program that offers customers of the Lincoln Electric System (LES) a chance to add $1 each month to their bill payments to provide funds for parks projects and programs not currently supported by the City budget.
Since 2003, LES customers and matching community donors have contributed more than $1,000,000 to Lincoln Cares! These funds pay for the extra programs and projects that make Lincoln an extra special place to live.
Lincoln Cares is a wonderful example of how government can work. Bolstered by matching funds from our project sponsors, Lincoln Cares gives everyone a chance to voluntarily do something extra to beautify our community.
5 Easy Ways to Donate
- Simply add $1 to your LES bill payment each month
- Add Lincoln Cares to your automatic bill payment by calling LES at 402-475-4211.
- Sign up for Autopay with this form
- Send a donation of any amount to Lincoln Parks Foundation, 2740 "A" Street, Box 201, Lincoln, NE 68502. Make the check payable to Lincoln Cares.
- Donate online at LincolnCares.org
A big thanks to our media sponsors:
“With our tight budget, this program allows us to go the extra mile to keep the parks system one of the jewels of Lincoln.”
-Lynn Johnson, Director of the Lincoln Parks & Recreation Department
The 2012 Lincoln Cares Team
Gail McNair of the Foundation for Lincoln City Libraries; Mayor Chris Beutler; Ann Avery of State Farm; Lincoln Parks and Recreation Director Lynn Johnson; Lincoln City Libraries Director Pat Leach; Aging Partners Director June Pederson; and Liz Lange, Board President, Lincoln Parks Foundation.