Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2016
County/City Building, Room 113
Roll call and acknowledge the "Nebraska Open Meeting Act"
- Review and action on the draft minutes of the July 15, 2016 Technical Committee meeting.
- Review and action on revisions to the FY 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program.
- Review and action on the MPO's proposed revisions to the FY 2016-2017 Unified Planning Work Program.
- Briefing on the updating of the Lincoln MPO 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan.
The purpose of this meeting is to provide an overview of the key elements of the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) update process, and to present resource allocation scenarios for your consideration and direction. A memorandum will be distributed discussing results of the transportation planning activities that have taken place over the last nine months in coordination with the LRTP Oversight Planning Committee and the Lincoln/Lancaster County Planning Commission. The project team has received extensive feedback from the committees and the general public about maintaining the transportation system and making the system function as efficiently as possible, given transportation funding limitations.
- Other topics for discussion.
a) Nebraska: Highway N-79, Agnew North & South, Raymond Spur (S-55J) north to Valparaiso,
resurfacing project, with addition of 8' shld, (8.5 miles) - AC funding for federal STP funds;
b) Nebraska: I-80, Street Interchange rampconstruction and 27th Street rehab - add
repurposed Federal Earmarked Discretionary funds and Lincoln STP and Local funds with AC
conversion in FY 2018 & 2019;
c) City of Lincoln, StarTran: Biogas Renewable Fuel - New Fueling Station. Remove project listing
until funding grant for part of the project costs is approved;
a connecting trail, from North 14th Street Trail to Alvo Road Trail through Stonebridge neighborhood.