Lincoln Water System
Hydrant Meter Deposits and Rates
Issuance of Permit and Deposit:
- Hydrant Permit:
Application must be completed from the LWS shop at 2021 N 27th (402-441-5940).
Meter Size Permit Deposit 1" $250.00 3" $850.00
Monthly Billing and Collection:
- A $1.50 a day rental charge (including Saturdays and Sundays) is billed until the meter is returned to the LWS.
- Water usage is billed at the rate of $1.50 per hundred cubic feet.
- The usage is based on the read communicated to the business office by the permittee. The permittee can either phone/fax or E-mail in their read, or return the "Meter Usage Card" to the business office.
- If the permittee fails to communicate the meter usage for the monthly billing period, the LWS will assess a $100 fee as follows:
- $75 As a usage charge. This usage charge will be applied against actual water consumption upon communication of the meter read.
- $25 This is a late read fee. This is a non-refundable fee for each billing period.
- If the permittee fails to communicate the meter usage for two billing periods, the permit is revoked and the hydrant meter is subject to confiscation.
Return of Hydrant Meters and Deposit:
All Hydrants Meters must be turned in annually by December 31. All repair charges are borne by the permittee.
A payment voucher will be issued for refund of deposit less final billing amounts and any other past due charges. If costs exceed the deposit, a billing will be made to the permittee for the remainder due.
Acrobat (PDF) Version (9 K)