for Downtown Area Projects
When: Wednesday, February 15, 2012
4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Where: Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
Conference Room, 3rd Floor
1135 "M" Street
The City of Lincoln will be hosting a public open house on Wednesday, February 15 from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. in the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce Conference Room located at 1135 "M" Street. Citizens are requested to use the north side door and take the elevator to 3rd floor. There will not be a formal presentation, but representatives from the City of Lincoln will be available to answer questions regarding these three projects slated to begin construction this Spring:
- Downtown Lincoln Resurfacing (City Project 540021):
- This project will mill and overlay approximately 6 miles of roadway surfacing on 11 streets in the Lincoln Central Business District. Two inches of the existing driving surface will be milled off; minor base repairs will be completed as necessary and the driving surface will be overlaid with two inches of new asphalt. Pedestrian curb ramps that do not meet current ADA standards will be reconstructed. No other areas of deteriorated sidewalk or curb and gutter will be replaced as part of this project. Three traffic signals on "N" Street (13th, 14th and Centennial Mall) and four traffic signals on "Q" Street (9th, 10th, 16th and 17th) will be replaced as part of this project. Construction is anticipated to begin the week of March 12th. More information for this project is available on the City web site lincoln.ne.gov [keyword: downtown]. Please contact Erika Nunes with the City of Lincoln for questions regarding this project at (402) 326-1037 or email@example.com.
- "O" Street Reconstruction (City Project 880109):
- This reconstruction is part of the Antelope Valley project currently under construction between "K" and "P" streets along 19th Street. "O" Street will be reconstructed from 17th to 21st streets and a new traffic signal will be constructed at the intersection of 19th & "O" streets. Once this project is complete, 19th Street between "K" and "P" streets will be renamed to "Antelope Valley Parkway." During reconstruction, "O" Street will be closed and traffic will be detoured to "P" and "Q" streets between 16th Street on the west to 21st Street on the east. More information for this project is available on the City web site lincoln.ne.gov [keyword: antelope, under "construction information"]. Please contact Kris Humphrey with the City of Lincoln for questions regarding this project at (402) 326-1176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renovation of Nebraska's Centennial Mall (City Project 2009006):
- The renovation of Centennial Mall will address safety/security and accessibility issues that have developed over time along the entire seven block long mall that extends from "K" Street to "R" Street. Renovation efforts will feature new paved walkways, green spaces/landscaping, fountains, lighting and furnishings. The project will be completed in multiple phases with the first phase of construction generally consisting of the central three blocks ("M" Street to "P" Street) that are open to vehicular traffic. Additional phases will include the two blocks on the north end of the mall and two blocks on the south end of the mall that are closed to vehicular traffic. Phase I construction activities are anticipated to begin in May, 2012. More information about this project can be found on the project's web site at www.necentennialmall.org Please contact JJ Yost, Planning & Construction Manager for Lincoln Parks and Recreation for questions regarding this project at (402) 441-8255 or email@example.com.
For general questions regarding the open house, please contact Erika Nunes at (402) 326-1037. Those needing special accommodations are asked to call at least 48 hours prior to the open house.