PUBLIC WORKS AND UTILITIES DEPARTMENT
StarTran, 710 'J' Street, Lincoln, NE 68508, 441-7185, fax 441-7055
August 1, 2007
StarTran Introduces New Fare Cards
To increase customer convenience, StarTran will begin offering new fare cards Monday, August 13. Fares will remain the same, but the new cards will use magnetic strip technology to keep track of bus transactions.
- Those using a ticket book will now receive a 20-ride pass for $23.
- The HandiVan ticket book will be replaced with the 20-ride HandiVan pass for $46.
- The Senior Saver/Go For Less punch pass will be replaced with the Senior Saver/Go For Less 20-ride pass for $12. To receive the discounted fare, customers are required to present their Senior Saver/Go For Less/Medicare ID to the drivers before paying.
Current ticket books and punch passes will be accepted through October 31. They can be exchanged for the new magnetic cards only at the StarTran Office, 710 'J' Street. For information on exchanges, call 441-7185.
- Those using the monthly passport will now receive a 31-consecutive-day pass for $35.
- The HandiVan Monthly passport will be replaced with the 31-consecutive-day HandiVan pass for $70.
September passports will be the last ones honored. StarTran will continue the Passport Saver Program. Customers who save 11 consecutive 31-consecutive-day passes will receive the 12th one free. The discount offered through the Russ's Privilege Plus program will be discontinued.
- The Ride for Five monthly pass will be replaced with a 31-consecutive-day pass for $5.
- The Ride for Ten HandiVan monthly pass will be replaced with a 31-consecutive-day HandiVan pass for $10.
These customers must provide proof of income, identification and the previous pass each month.
Students who use the bus have two options through August 31.
- They can buy a 20-ride pass for $23. These will be available at schools.
- They can buy a discounted "StarPass" (summer bus pass for ages six through 18) for $10.
Students will not be able to use September passports in August as they have in the past.
Fares also may be paid with cash.
For more information on the new fare devices, please contact Kitty Miller at 441-7185, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the City's bus service, see lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: startran) or call 476-1234.