***Sale extended through July 2011***
Date: May 20, 2011
For More Information: Larry Worth, StarTran Transit Manager, 402-441-7185
Kitty Elliott, StarTran Marketing Director, 402-441-7185
StarTran Encourages Residents to "Dump The Pump"
The sixth annual National Dump the Pump Day is Thursday, June 16, but StarTran wants to encourage Lincoln residents to "Dump the Pump" every day, and is making it easier on your pocketbook too. For the entire month of June During June and July, StarTran is discounting 20-Ride bus passes from $33.00 to only $20.00.
Now that gas prices have reached $4 or more, saving money is on everyone's minds and public transportation is the quickest way to beat high gas prices. Quit paying the high gas prices, quit riding in single occupancy vehicles, don't worry about detours or parking, and "Get On Board" StarTran.
Not only will you save money on the pass, but here are some other savings facts:
- Public transportation use reduces our nation's dependence on foreign oil by 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline a year; and it also saves 37 million metric tons of carbon emissions annually.
- The latest research shows that in 2009, U.S. public transportation use saved 785 million hours in travel time and 640 million gallons of fuel in 439 urban areas.
- One person switching to public transit can reduce daily carbon emissions by 20 pounds, or more than 4,800 pounds in a year.
- Every $1 invested in public transportation generates approximately $4 in economic returns.
- Public transportation use in the United States saves 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
- Public transportation use in the United States reduces our nation's carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons annually. This is equivalent to the emissions resulting from the electricity generated for the use of 4.9 million households or every household in Washington, DC; New York City; Atlanta; Denver; and Los Angeles combined.
Dump the Pump and "Get On Board" StarTran!
Get your discounted 20-Ride Passes Now, only $20.00. Limit 10. All Sales Final and offer good only at the StarTran Office, 710 "J" Street. (20 Ride Handi-Van Pass for $40.00)
Call StarTran at 476-1234 for more information.
Download Program Flyer (95 K)