Recycling Drop-Off Site Locations
- Map Key
- Aluminum cans, Cardboard, Residential mixed paper, Glass bottles and jars, Newspaper, #1 thru #5 plastic containers, Tin cans
- Newspaper only
- Bennet Refuse Transfer Station
- Davey Refuse Transfer Station
- Denton 2nd & 91st Streets
- Firth Community Center
- Hallam Village Shop
- Hickman City Park
- Malcolm Village Shop
- Panama Refuse Transfer Station
- Waverly Honey Creek Restaurant
|Materials Accepted at the Multi-Material Recycling Sites||Acceptable||Not Acceptable|
|Newspapers||Inserts/ads are OK.
Put newspapers in paper bag.
|No other paper.|
|Cardboard Boxes||Flatten cardboard and paperboard (i.e. cereal boxes).
All boxes must be flattened and placed inside recycling containers.
|No packing material.
No waxed cardboard.
|Cans||All food and beverage cans. Rinse, clean and flatten aluminum and tin cans and place in separate recycling compartments.||No aluminum foil.
No pie pans.
No metal cookware.
No metal parts.
|Glass Bottles and Jars||All food and beverage glass. Green, brown and clear glass. Labels are OK. Rinse clean, take off lids, separate by color and place in separate recycling compartments.||No drinking glasses.
No window glass.
No light bulbs.
|Plastic #1 - #5 Containers||All #1 thru #5 plastic bottles and containers. Labels are OK. Rinse clean. Take off lids. Flatten containers to save space.||No motor oil containers.
No plastic toys.
No other plastic #6 or #7 containers.
No plastic sacks.
No polystyrene packaging.
No plastic lawn chemical bottles.
No plastic syringes.
|Residential Mixed Papers||Mail, magazines, office and school paper, telephone directories and shredded paper. Put clean paper together in paper bag.||No tissue paper.
No milk cartons or juice boxes.
No paper plates.
- What happens next?
- Read more about the Second Life of Recyclables -- this list identifies products made from the items you recycle at City drop-off sites.