Benefits of Using LinGro Compost as a Soil Amendment
The clay soils that exist in Lincoln and Lancaster County can benefit from incorporating LinGro Compost. The main advantage to LinGro Compost is its ability to improve the soil structure. The clay soils found in Lincoln and Lancaster County are improved in the following ways.
- Increased water holding capacity of the soil
- Addition of beneficial soil micro organisms
- Decreased bulk density of the soils
- Increased soil porosity
Plants will benefit from the use of LinGro Compost when it is properly incorporated into the soil. Among the benefits are:
- Increased root and leaf development
- Increased flower, fruit or vegetable production
- Increased health and vigor enabling the plant to better resist attacks of weeds and insects
Turf also benefits from the use of LinGro Compost, properly incorporated into the soil. In addition to the benefits listed above, turf becomes denser and have a darker green color when compost is used. Homeowners can also benefit through water conservation because less water runs off the yard and instead is absorbed into the root zone of the turf. Building soil health - the structure, organic content and diverse life of the soil - is the key to growing healthy, vigorous grass that out-competes most weeds, resists disease, stands up to drought, and is easy to care for.