The key planning milestones include the following:
- A definition of the existing systems.
- An assessment of current and future needs.
- An evaluation of solid waste systems, facilities, and program alternatives.
- A refined definition of systems, facilities, and programs.
- A final solid waste management plan.
The planning process for Solid Waste Plan 2040 includes numerous opportunities for public participation and involvement. Public outreach will be an ongoing activity through various communication tools, at Advisory Committee meetings, and at key milestones in the process. In-person and on-line Public Open House Meetings will be held at the following key milestones in the planning process:
- Needs Assessment (November 13, 2012)
- System Definition and Refinement
Join the mailing list to receive additional information and notification of Public Open House meetings.