Cross Connection Control Program
The goal of the Lincoln Water System Cross-Connection Control Program is to protect the health of all its customers and their families throughout the City of Lincoln. A Cross-Connection Control Program is required by the Nebraska State Health Department, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (The Safe Drinking Water Act) to protect the public from contaminated water.
Even though the water that reaches your home or business is safe, it can be contaminated within your own piping system and could degrade water quality in the rest of the City's water system. This is why Lincoln Water System administers a Cross-Connection Control Program--to insure that potable drinking water contamination does not happen.
If you have any questions concerning the Cross-Connection Control Program or backflow prevention, please call 402-441-5945 or 402-441-5929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services requires water utilities in Nebraska to have all water customers inspect their plumbing systems for potential cross connections with the public water supply and ensure these connections are properly protected against backflow or back-siphonage. Please complete a simple survey to assist in compliance with State of Nebraska public water supply regulations and protect Lincoln's drinking water.
Links To Other Sites
- University of Southern California (USC)
- American Backflow Prevention Association (ABPA)
- American Water Works Association (National)
Codes for Cross Connection
- Lincoln Municipal Code Title 17.18 - 17.18.060 (Meter Installation) and 17.18.080 (Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention)
- Lincoln Plumbing Code - Chapter 10.1 through 10.5
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Regulation and Licensure Title 179, Chapter 2 008.01E through 008.01E9b
Plumber/Contractor Information & Forms
- Approved Cross Connection Devices (USC Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research)
- Backflow Preventer Test Instructions and Form (72 K)
- Cross Connection Plumbing Survey
- Grade VI Registration Form
(Please refer to Water Service Manual (613 K) - Section 5.10 - Certification and Registration of Technicians)
- Variance for Non-Residential Backflow Preventer and Bypass Piping (19 K)