NOI / SWPPP for Development Sites One Acre or Greater
Construction Activity is the disturbance of one acre or more of total land area and less than one acre of total land area that is part of a common plan of development or sale. Prior to land disturbance associated with construction activity, approval must be obtained by both State and local authorities.
To simplify the process, the City is currently allowing the approved NDEQ Construction Storm Water Notice of Intent (CSW-NOI) and the NDEQ authorization letter to qualify as the application for the local permit.
The City of Lincoln requires a separate NOI permit. Prior to beginning the construction activity, you must obtain an approval letter from the City in addition to the NDEQ authorization letter.
Local Permit Termination Process
Once the construction is complete in accordance with the design standards, the permittee shall submit a Notice of Termination to the City of Lincoln for municipal approval. If necessary, the City will perform a final inspection prior to the permit termination.
Upon municipal approval, the City of Lincoln will send a letter informing the permittee the project is closed as per the City’s NOI Process. The permittee can then move on to the NDEQ termination process.
- All submittals to NDEQ shall be to:
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality https://ecmp.nebraska.gov/DEQ-CSW/Account/Login
- PLEASE NOTE: The Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality has moved to a fully electronic system. If you are a first time user to their web site, you must first register for an account to log in.
- All submittals to the City shall be to:
- City of Lincoln
- Watershed Management
- 949 W Bond Street, Suite 200
- Lincoln, NE 68521
- Contact: Rock Krzycki
- Phone: 402-309-5936