Street Use Permit

Needing to work in the street or public right of way? You need to apply for a permit to meet our community’s standards as defined in the Lincoln Municipal Code for the use of public space. Only companies licensed with the City of Lincoln can apply for Street Use permit. If you are new to Street Use or need to update your information please submit a contractor form.

Apply for Street Use Permit

Step 1.Review the requirements before you apply

1. Your insurance and bond must be current with Building and Safety before submitting your Street Use Permit Application. If you need to update your bond or insurance please see the bulleted list below.

2. Please print, fill out, and take the below diagram to the Lincoln Transportation and Utilities department to get this diagram signed.

Street Use Diagram(PDF, 74KB)

For assistance with understanding the bond and Insurance requirements, give us a call at 402-441-7521 to speak with a Permit Assistant. For assistance with understanding the Street Use Diagram requirements, give us a call at 402-441-7882 to speak with a member of Plan Review. 

Step 2.Submit your application

Once you have gathered the requirements from the previous step please fill out and submit your permit application.

Apply Now

Step 3.Make your payment

Once we have invoiced your fees you can pay online through Citizen Access.

Contact our office at 402-441-7521 or visit our Citizen Access Information page if you need assistance with paying your permit fee.

Step 4.We'll review your application

Our office will review your application for accuracy. You may need to revise your application or attachments if we notice any missing or incorrect information.

If your permit is denied or has corrections required, you will be notified by the reviewer.  If your permit is approved as submitted, the permit will be issued.

Step 5.Next Steps

You can monitor your permit status through Citizen Access. Once the permit has been issued you may print the approved and stamped plans that are uploaded into your permit.