Family Connects Home Visitation
Office Hours: By Appointment Only - Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Home visitation services are provided in your home or at another location in the community.
Fees: There is no charge for this service.
Schedule an Appointment Here
What is Family Connects?
All families can use support after the birth of a child. Family Connects is a universal newborn home visiting program in Lincoln-Lancaster County that provides a home visit by a Registered Nurse following your hospital stay. Friendly and knowledgeable nurses are here to lend a helping hand, to listen and answer questions and provide support and resources for families to get their children off to a healthy start.
Some of the key areas covered in a visit include:
- Head-to-toe health assessment for baby
- Postpartum health assessment for mom
- Breastfeeding support
- Education and guidance about topics relevant to all newborns and maternal needs
- Assistance with connecting to a medical home and/or scheduling routine care visits
- Connections to services and resources around our community as needed
All families benefit from the supportive guidance provided by Family Connects nurses!
Who is Eligible?
All families with a newborn who live in Lancaster County are eligible for a Family Connects visit. Nurse visits occur 3 weeks after baby is born.
How Much Does it Cost?
There is no charge for a Family Connects visit.
How Do I Schedule a Visit?
Schedule a visit