Lincoln Parks and Recreation has been serving Calvert Elementary School families since 1989. We believe supervised, safe, fun, and meaningful out-of-school time school activities are as important as ever. Some families come to the recreation center because it meets their needs for child care and they “need a place to go.” Our staff is intentional about making the rec. center more than just a place to go. We do this by focusing on a positive environment, supportive relationships, and constructive programs. We encourage Calvert Elementary School families to explore all the opportunities available through the rec. center regardless of your child care needs!
Before School Basics
- Students can begin arriving at 6:30 a.m.
- Game room, board games, coloring, reading, etc.
- Organized gym games
- Before school staff escort students eating school breakfast to the cafeteria at 7:40 a.m. (all others at 8:00 a.m.).
After School Basics
- After school staff pick up students inside the school building upon school dismissal.
- Caring adult supervision (1:15 ratio)
- Group games and sports
- Outdoor activity
- Homework Club
- Academic and enrichment opportunities
- Snack Provided
- Students must be picked up no later than 5:45 p.m.
- Kindergarten Rec: Our kindergartners receive V.I.P. treatment with a self-contained After School Recreation group all of their own and developmentally-appropriate activities that address their unique interests and needs.
Need-based scholarships are available for families who qualify based upon income and the size of their household. Applications are available at the recreation center office. Before and after school programs are also approved to accept Title XX.
Make sure to sign up to receive our monthly email newsletter!
Before/After School Links