Lincoln Parks and Recreation has been serving Irving Middle School families after school since 1977. Much has changed in the past 39 years, and we believe supervised, safe, fun, and meaningful after school activities are as important as ever for middle school students.
Some students visit the rec. center simply because they need a place to go after school; however, our staff is intentional about making the center "more than just a place to go." After school staff does this by focusing on a positive environment, supportive relationships, and constructive programs.
During after school hours at Irving Recreation Center, middle school students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of age-appropriate, fun, and enriching activities. Students can stay as busy as they’d like with homework, clubs, and special events, or they can simply choose to socialize with friends. We encourage all students to be engaged and take advantage of the activity choices available at the recreation center.
Irving Rec. Center is open exclusively to Irving students upon school dismissal until 5:30 p.m. Students are welcome to stay after 5:30 p.m. when the rec center opens to the public. Closing times vary by season.
After School Membership
Students must submit an After School Member Form participate in clubs and be eligible for discounted punch cards and year passes. Need-based scholarships are also available to qualifying members. Membership is free.
- $3.00 per day
- $45.00 for a 20-day punch card (20% discount)
- $350.00 for a school year pass (34% discount*)
*Year pass discount calculated at 180 days.
- Homework Room
- Special interest clubs, classes and activities
- Sixth grade sports camps
- Game room
- Field trips
- Adult supervision
- Students must have a pass to enter the rec center after 3:15 p.m.
- A student cannot enter the rec center on another student's punch card.
- Loitering and/or waiting for rides outside the rec center are not allowed.
- Students who drop-in following school intramural must pay the daily fee at that time.
- Students may remain at the center after 5:30 p.m. The center is open to the public at that time.
- Make sure to sign up to receive our monthly email newsletter!
Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, M.L. King Jr. Birthday, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Election Days (the rec center is a polling location.)