The Lincoln/Lancaster County Planning Department promotes and facilitates the efficient, high-quality development of the City of Lincoln and Lancaster County resulting from meaningful interaction with our customers and the community.
Mission Statement Guiding Principles
- Recognize that our customers include elected and appointed City and County officials and staff, affected outside agencies, the development community, and the public
- Work with our customers to develop high quality planning solutions
- Employ a planning process that is fair, friendly, and timely
- Encourage efficient use of land and community resources
- Actively pursue input from interested and affected parties throughout the entire community
- Facilitate economic development opportunities
- Consistently implement adopted plans and policies
- Practice professionalism in our interactions with others
- Protect and enhance the community's unique natural and cultural resources
- Nurture the community's sense of unity and oneness
- Anticipate future community needs
- Utilize technology in the delivery of information and services
Provide meaningful access to all opportunities and establish a culture of belonging, regardless of a person’s identity - economic status, race, ethnic background, culture, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or mental, physical, or linguistic ability - as a core principle in the planning, decision-making, and policy development processes.