Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find a copy of my birth certificate?

Provided you were born in Nebraska, copies are available from the State Department of Health & Human Services Vital Records office. Located in Golds Galleria, 1033 O St., Suite 130. Phone: (402) 471-2871.

Where do I go to apply for or renew a handicapped parking permit?

Information and applications are available through the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles:

I'd like my event to be advertised on the LNKTV City government television electronic bulletin board. How can I apply?

Application and rules for channel use are on the city's web site. You can also contact the City Communications Department, 555 S. 10th St., Suite 208. Phone (402) 441-7375. Advertisements must be submitted by legally recognized non-profit organizations based in Lancaster County, and are free. The messages must meet specified rules; events must be held in Lincoln.

I'm looking for information on Lincoln for a school project. Where can I find demographic and tourist information?

Demographic information is available through the Planning Department at (402) 441-7491. Tourist information can be found through the Lincoln Convention and Visitor's Bureau at (402) 434-5335.

Where can I find more information about StarTran's Bus Routes and schedules?

StarTran Information is available by calling (402) 476-1234.

Is it possible to obtain video copies of the programs or public meetings which air on LNKTV City (government cable television channel)?

Videotaped copies are available for a nominal fee by calling LNKTV City at (402) 441-6688.

Where can I obtain a passport?

Passports are available through the main US Post Office at 700 R Street, in the Haymarket. For detailed passport information call (402) 473-1692.

Is there a Recycling Drop-Off Site near my home?

A detailed map showing all of the city-owned recycling drop-off sites is available in the blue pages of your Windstream Phone Book.

Where can I find more information on the City's Snow Removal Operations?

Information concerning Lincoln's Snow Removal procedures can be found in the blue pages of your Windstream Phone Book or call Public Works Snow Center (402) 441-7644.

Where do I go to take my driver's test or renew my license? Visit the Nebraska DMV Web site.

Lancaster County (Lincoln) Exam Station
500 West "O" St, Lincoln
(402) 471-2823
7:30 - 4:30
Monday thru Friday
Full Service

Lancaster County (Lincoln) Exam Station
625 N. 46th St, Lincoln
(402) 471-3008
7:30 - 4:30
Monday thru Friday - Express Service Station
(NO TESTING - renewals only)

Where do I find information about Citizenship or Naturalization?

The US Citizenship and Immigration Services is part of the federal Homeland Security Department. Call 1-800-375-5283.

How do I get a new or replacement Social Security Card?

Contact the Social Security Administration Office at 1-800-772-1213. You may visit the Federal Building located at 100 Centennial Mall North, Room 240, Lincoln, NE.