Lancaster County COVID-19 Update for April 1
Published on April 01, 2021
Lab-confirmed cases reported today: 72
Total number of cases: 29,708
Deaths reported today: 0
Total number of deaths: 227
Weekly positivity rate:
- March 20 through 26: 4 percent
- March 27 through April 1: 5.8 percent
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 21 with 14 from Lancaster County (two on ventilators) and seven from other communities (one on a ventilator.)
Risk Dial: mid-yellow, moderate risk of COVID-19 spread
- Initiated vaccinations (first doses): 112,979
- Completed vaccinations (second doses and J&J vaccine): 67,610
This week’s large-scale clinics:
- Monday, March 29, Pinnacle Bank Arena – nearly 7,800 second doses for residents age 65 and older
- Thursday, April 1, Lancaster Event Center – second doses for residents age 65 and older and educators
Next week’s large-scale clinics:
- Wednesday, April 7, Pinnacle Bank Arena, first doses for residents age 50 and older
- Thursday, April 8, Pinnacle Bank Arena, second doses for residents age 63 and older, educators, and childcare providers
- Friday, April 9, Pinnacle Bank Arena, second doses for residents age 63 and older, educators, and childcare providers
MEDIA NOTE: Media will be notified regarding coverage of vaccinations. DO NOT go to any venue without making arrangements with the Health Department.
Registration: An online COVID-19 vaccine registration form for Lancaster County residents is available at COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov. Those who do not have online access or who need assistance may call LLCHD’s COVID-19 hotline at 402-441-8006 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays to register. The vaccine is not yet available for the general public. As vaccine doses become available, those who are registered will be given an appointment to be vaccinated. Appointments for vaccinations are dependent on vaccine supply and are not related to the order in which people register.
Testing: The process begins with a free online risk assessment available at BryanHealth.com, CHIHealth.com or TestNebraska.com.
Drive-through testing is available from:
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Autumn Ridge Family Medicine, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call either site to schedule an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., north parking lot of the former Sears store. Tests are conducted from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. For more information, call 402-207-9377
Testing is also available without an appointment at the three Bryan Urgent Care locations, 7501 S. 27th St., 5901 N. 27th St. and 4333 S. 86th St. To check wait times, call 402-481-6343.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.