COVID-19 Risk Dial in Low-Yellow for Third Week
Published on May 04, 2021
Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird and the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) today announced that the COVID-19 Risk Dial will remain in low-yellow for a third consecutive week. The yellow level indicates that the risk of the virus spreading and the impact on our community are moderate. On the color-coded dial, red represents the highest risk of COVID-19 spread, and green represents the lowest risk. The dial is updated every Tuesday.
The position of the Risk Dial is based on multiple local indicators and information from the previous three weeks:
- The number of new weekly cases dropped from 300 the week ending April 24 to 247 cases the week ending week May 1.
- The community positivity rate decreased from 7 percent the week ending April 24 to 6.1 percent the week ending May 1.
- The number of local patients hospitalized with COVID-19 averaged 30 for the month of April.
- No local COVID-19 deaths have been reported since April 19.
- About 49 percent of the local population age 16 and over is fully vaccinated.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.