Lancaster County COVID-19 Update for July 21
Published on July 21, 2021
Vaccinations administered (vaccination goal is 75%):
- Initiated vaccinations (first doses): 181,357
- Completed vaccinations (second doses and J&J vaccine): 171,785
- Residents age 16 and older who are fully vaccinated: 67.5%
Vaccinations: Progress in our COVID-19 vaccination efforts positively impacts our community. The more people who are vaccinated, the less opportunity the virus and its variants will have to spread. COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective. It provides protection against the virus, prevents severe illness and saves lives. Residents age 12 and older are now eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine, and appointments are available for this week. Residents can sign up and schedule a vaccination appointment at COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov. Residents can also find a local pharmacy offering vaccinations at vaccines.gov or by texting their ZIP code to 438829.
Those who do not have online access or who need assistance with registration or scheduling may call the LLCHD COVID-19 hotline at 402-441-8006 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Upcoming vaccination clinics (subject to change; walk-ins welcome at all locations):
- Wednesday, July 21, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, 3131 “O” St. – first and second doses
- Thursday, July 22, First United Methodist Church, 2723 N. 50th St. – first and second doses
- Friday, July 23, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department – first and second doses
MEDIA NOTE: Media will be notified regarding coverage of vaccinations. DO NOT go to any venue without making arrangements with the Health Department.
Lab-confirmed cases reported today: 10
Total number of cases: 31,873
Deaths reported today: 0
Total number of deaths: 242
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 41 with 24 from Lancaster County (2 on ventilators) and 17 from other communities (6 on ventilators)
Risk Dial: Green. The risk dial will remain in green this week but is on the verge of moving to yellow.
Testing: The process begins with a free online risk assessment available at BryanHealth.com and CHIHealth.com. Testing is available from:
- Bryan Health: Testing is available without an appointment at the three Bryan Urgent Care locations, 7501 S. 27th St., 5901 N. 27th St. and 4333 S. 86th St. To check wait times, call 402-481-6343.
- CHI Health: Walk-in testing is available at three priority care locations: Antelope Creek, 2510 S. 40th St., Suite 100, Southwest, 1240 Aries Drive. Stevens Creek, 1601 N. 86th St. For drive up testing, virtual quick care is available 24/7 at CHIHealth.com to chat with a provider and schedule a testing appointment.
- Several pharmacies including CVS, HyVee and Walgreens along with other health care provider offices and urgent care clinics also offer testing. If a person is uninsured or underinsured, they can call the COVID-19 hotline at 402-441-8006 and the health department will connect them to testing resources.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.