Easy Ways To Get Help
- Send us an e-mail with your questions to email@example.com, or
- Give us a call at (402) 441-7847 Option 0, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- If you have an emergency that is life threatening, contact 911 immediately.
- If you have an issue outside of normal business hours that needs immediate assistance, contact the Lincoln Police Department non-emergency line, 402-441-6000.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a rental facility?
- All reservation requests are processed on a first come, first served basis. No reservations are made prior to payment being received.
- Location availability and reservations may be reserved and paid within our online registration system.
- If reserving using the printed forms: Download and mail or hand deliver the completed application form and fee to:
- Lincoln Parks & Recreation
3131 O Street, Suite 300
Lincoln, NE 68510.
When can I reserve the space?
How old must I be to make a reservation?
- Shelter, classroom and golf reservations can be made one year in advance of your event.
- Online shelter reservations for the next week close on Tuesdays at 4:30pm, or in person at the Parks and Recreation office on Wednesdays at 4:00pm.
Can I bring or serve alcohol at the facility?
- All individuals signing any agreement must be 19 years of age.
What do I get for my reservation?
- Alcohol is not permitted in or on any park area.
Do I have the entire space for my own use?:
- Your designated rental time includes set up and clean up – no early arrivals. This allows all guests and staff to set up and take down within the scheduled timeframe.
- Enclosed shelters will have tables and chairs available. Wedding open venue areas reserve the space but do not include any additional seating unless otherwise noted.
- Park areas are open to the general public during periods reserved for weddings and associated activities. Limited park maintenance may also occur during wedding reservation periods.
- Although the Parks and Recreation Department strives to keep shelters in a clean condition, unscheduled use before your reservation may affect the shelter condition.
Damage and Key Deposits
Are there fees & deposits?
What is the difference between a damage deposit and key deposit?
- Individual fees and deposits vary. The rental fee is required at the time of reservation. The damage/key deposit must be in cash or check format. Damage deposit refunds are given upon return of the key, providing that the rental area is clean and did not have alcoholic beverages on location. The damage deposit may be available at the Administration front desk after 12:00 pm of the next working day so that the districts have time to see if any damage was done. If the rental is for a Sunday, then the damage deposit should be released no sooner than 12:00 noon on Tuesday.
- All form of deposits needs to be on a separate check or cash as it will likely be returned.
When must I pay the deposit?
- The damage deposit is the deposit to cover any damages done to the facility or grounds during the rental period. The cost depends on type of facility. Enclosed shelters and wedding deposits can vary from $50.00-150.00 depending on the facility.
- The key deposit is the key to electrical or restroom access within the facility. This deposit is $20.00. Not all open shelters locations require a key deposit.
- Damage deposits are required fourteen (14) days prior to the reservation date. Key deposits are paid at the time of key pick up (one business day prior to reservation date).
How do I get a refund for my reservation?
- Refunds will be given on rain outs at park master tables only. All other requests will be considered on an individual basis.
- Refunds will be given upon completion of a Refund Request Form / Solicitud de Reembolso (132 KB) within seven (7) working days prior to any reservation date.
- Please allow two to three weeks for your refund to be processed. A $25.00 processing fee will be assessed to all refunds requested by the public. Damage deposit refunds will be available on the second working day after your use.