Tobacco Prevention & Education
Hours and Location
- Office Hours
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 3131 O St, 2nd Floor, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510
Please call for more information.
Effective January 1, 2020.
Vaping is no longer permitted in any
indoor public space or work place in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Our program goals include keeping children from starting to use tobacco and nicotine products like e-cigarettes and promoting tobacco-free environments. Established community partnerships allow us to:
- Educate youth, youth leaders, parents, and other adults to change cultural norms regarding tobacco and electronic cigarettes
- Assist businesses in establishing tobacco-free campus policies
- Assist property owners in implementing smoke-free housing policies and renters in locating smoke-free housing – check out this map
- Monitor retailer compliance with tobacco and vapor product sales laws
- Provide quitting resources
Tobacco Free Lancaster County
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department's Tobacco Prevention and Education program works with the Tobacco Free Lancaster County coalition to promote the following objectives for Lancaster County:
- Preventing and reducing tobacco and e-cigarette use among youth and adults
- Eliminating the public's exposure to secondhand smoke and aerosol
- Ensuring all populations have access to tobacco prevention information and services
- Promoting tobacco and e-cigarette use cessation among youth and adults
Tobacco & Vaping Surveys and Statistics
- Lancaster County Highlights
- Data and Trends in Nebraska
- Lincoln Smoking Regulation Act (LSRA)
- Nebraska Clean Indoor Air Act – 2009