Child Care Communicable Disease
The Communicable Disease Program conducts surveillance of communicable diseases, investigates case reports and disease outbreaks, and implements measures designed to control the spread of communicable disease in the community.
Lincoln Municipal Code 8.14.100 Communicable Diseases Reporting and Illness Exclusion states:
The operator shall report within 24 hours to the Health Director when:
- (i) three (3) or more children and/or staff in a classroom or group are ill with a reportable communicable disease, diarrhea, or vomiting; or
- (ii) one (1) child or staff has bloody diarrhea
Illness Fact Sheets
provide specific guidelines to take in the event of a communicable disease outbreak in the Early Childhood Care and Education setting.
- Diarrheal Checklist for Child Care
- Enterovirus D-68
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Head Lice
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)