Welcome to the Water Quality Section
As part of the Environmental Public Health Division, the Water Team protects public and environmental health by:
- Assisting businesses in meeting their NPDES requirements
- Enforcing standards for onsite wastewater systems
- Ensuring safe public swimming pools
- Helping ensure safe water supplies and onsite wastewater systems that are in substantial compliance through property transfer inspections
- Enforcing pool fencing requirements for homes
- Inspecting water wells to assure compliance with appropriate standards
- West Nile Virus Surveillance
Our staff works with individual home owners, contractors, realtors and businesses within Lancaster County to achieve the mission of the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department to protect and promote the public’s health.
Please visit our program pages for additional information.