Health Promotion & Outreach Overview
The Health Promotion and Outreach Division is committed to enriching the lives of all people so that individuals have the knowledge and support they need to assume responsibility for their own health. Our team is responsible for promoting the practice of healthy behaviors and monitoring health status indicators and conditions in the community.
Our public health educators promote healthy behaviors by providing educational information and referral services on:
- healthy eating choices
- moving more - even moderate exercise
- stopping or not starting tobacco use
- safe walking and bicycling in your neighborhood and community
- creating healthier employees
- car seat check events for safe transportation of children
In addition, all our trained staff work with schools, community groups, other City/County Departments, hospitals, and businesses/organizations within Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Please visit our program pages for additional information.