Water Main Replacement Project Sunburst from Sumner to “A” • Cotner from Franklin to 48th
Updated August 8, 2019
Construction began in August 2019 on a water main replacement project in the area of Cotner Boulevard and “A” Street. Work will include replacing existing water mains at 45th Street between Franklin and Sumner streets, Sunburst Lane between Sumner and “A” streets, Ridgeway Road between Sunburst Lane and Brian Circle, and Cotner from Franklin to the east side of 48th.
Access During Construction
- 48th Street
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on 48th Street.
- Cotner Boulevard
- Cotner Boulevard will be closed to through traffic from South Street to 48th Street and to southbound traffic from “A” Street to 48th Street. Sumner Street will also be closed at Cotner Boulevard during this construction phase.
- 45th Street / Sunburst Lane
- 45th Street / Sunburst Lane shall be closed to through traffic between Franklin Street and “A” Street.
- “A” Street
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on “A” Street, and concrete barriers will be in place to protect the work area.
- Ridgeway Road
- Ridgeway Road shall be closed to through traffic between Sunburst Lane and Bryan Circle.
Access to adjacent businesses and residences will be maintained but may be restricted at times during construction operations. All access restrictions will be coordinated with the Contractor, City and property owners.
- Project Area
Mark Miller, Construction Project Manager
City of Lincoln, LTU Project Delivery
Tom Cline, Project Manager