Bluff Road Municipal Solid Waste Landfill and Yard Waste Composting Facility
The Bluff Road Municipal Solid Waste Landfill and Yard Waste Composting Facility is located at 6001 Bluff Road, about 1¼ mile north of I-80 and Highway 77, then east on Bluff Road. This site is used by commercial refuse haulers and lawn maintenance companies hauling yard wastes.
Private residents using small vehicles and hauling only yard wastes may also use the Bluff Road Yard Waste Composting facility. However, small vehicles cannot dispose of other waste items at this site.
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday
- 6:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- 6:45 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 6:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Closed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day
Municipal Solid Waste Landfill
This landfill is used by commercial refuse haulers or customers hauling materials in large trucks and trailers with cargo box dimensions larger than 60 sq. ft. The landfill began operations in 1988 and only accepts solid waste generated from within Lancaster County. Approximately 800 tons of waste are disposed of in Lincoln's Bluff Road Municipal Solid Waste Landfill every day.
Yard waste, appliances and tires must be separated from other wastes and delivered to the designated areas as directed. All loads must be covered to enter this facility.
Yard Waste Composting Facility
From April 1 to December 1 of every year, State law prohibits disposal of grass and leaves in the landfill. A separate composting facility adjacent to the Bluff Road Municipal Solid Waste Landfill is in operation to accept yard waste. Commercial refuse haulers and lawn maintenance companies hauling yard wastes can deliver clean yard waste to the composting facility. Brush and tree waste, which is free of soil and other debris, may also be taken to this facility.
- Yard waste is defined as grass and leaves, and includes crabgrass and pine needles.
- Yard wastes must be free of garbage, litter and other debris.
- Clean brush or tree waste which is free of soil and other debris is accepted.
- All brush larger than 1 inch in diameter must be separated from grass and leaves and placed in a designated area as directed.
- Plastic bags are not accepted. Yard waste can only be contained in special bio-degradable paper bags available at area retail stores or brought to the site in bulk without containers.
- All loads must be covered to enter this facility.
Finished compost – LinGRO – is available to the general public. For more information about how to obtain the compost, please visit the LinGRO Compost page or call 402-441-8102.