Waste Reduction and Recycling
Your organization can help reach the City of Lincoln's goal to reduce the per capita amount of waste disposed in the Bluff Road Landfill 30% by 2040. Fill out the form below to have someone contact you about rebates that can help reduce your waste stream.
Frequently Asked Questions
show allhide all
What is the WRRAP Application process?
- Review the WRRAP Application and Rebate Request. Identify recycling and/or composting services you are expanding or plan to start.
- Contact the Solid Waste Management Division at 402-326-7431 to confirm eligibility and finalize application.
How can we use the rebate?
A maximum $750 rebate is available to cover:
- 50% of recycling program start-up costs
- The first six months of recycling collection services
- Purchase of recycling containers
- Retrofitting janitorial carts
- Capital improvements such as installing a concrete pad for recycling containers
- Waste composition assessment by a third party
- Development of educational materials
- Monthly costs for recycling or compostable material collection
How will we be recognized for our waste diversion efforts?
There are four different levels of recycling recognition that organizations can earn: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Zero Waste. All WRRAP members are also eligible for a Role Model Business profile that will be featured on the City website and social media accounts.
What type of assistance is available?
- We can visit your site to review your current waste management system, then make suggestions to improve your current program or start a new recycling or composting program.
- You can consult our experts to find ways to overcome your specific recycling and composting barriers.
- Our staff will assist with program implementation and education of your staff, customers or renters.
Who is eligible?
The program is available to any Lancaster County business or non-profit organization that requests assistance in establishing a recycling or composting program and/or completes the application.