Waste Reduction & Recycling Assistance Program
Business Recycling Service Rebate Program
Lincoln and Lancaster County businesses and institutions can earn rebates up to $750 to establish and expand waste reduction efforts including reuse, recycling and composting programs.
1. Business Recycling Service Rebate Application
Applicant must meet eligibility requirements and submit a Business Recycling Service Rebate Application.
- Located in Lincoln and Lancaster County
- All tax accounts are in good standing
- In compliance with Lincoln City Code
- Agree to provide itemized invoices and receipts
- Agree to participate in recycling/compost program for a minimum of one year.
2. Business Recycling Service Rebate Request Form
The Business Recycling Service Rebate Request Form must be completed and submitted along with supporting documentation. Applicant must have submitted Business Recycling Service Rebate Application and received notification of approval of application prior to submitting this form.
Steps to Receive Rebate
- Completed Business Recycling Service Rebate Request Form with Attachment 1
- Receipts showing start-up costs
- Receipts showing six months of payment of same recycling service that was pre-approved.
- Recyclable or organic material service charges must be itemized on bill.
- Recyclable or organic material services must have started within the past six months.
- Copy of service agreement showing new recycling or organic material services being agreed to for at least one year.
Rebate recipients’ names may be publicized in conjunction with WRRAP promotions from the City of Lincoln. Total quantity and type of materials recycled will be reported in aggregate from all rebate recipients.
Return all completed applications to:
City of Lincoln Solid Waste Management Attn: Recycling Coordinator 5101 N. 48th Street Lincoln, NE 68504
Or scan all documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for processing. The City of Lincoln will contact you once your application has been approved or denied.
NOTE: Nebraska law permits public access to public records, subject to requirements and restrictions provided in Neb. Rev. Stat. §84-712 to 84-712.09, as amended from time to time. This application and the information provided hereunder shall be accessible under valid public records requests under such laws.