City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- February 8, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- Ty Barger, Public Works and Utilities, 402-441-8422
City Street Crews Focus on Potholes
The Public Works and Utilities Department today tripled the usual number of crews working on pothole repair. The Department transferred staff from other maintenance duties to pothole repair, bringing the number of workers assigned to potholes to about 35.
"The recent freezing and thawing cycle has again resulted in new potholes across the City, and we will continue to deploy extra workers until the problem is under control," said Thomas Shafer, Interim Public Works and Utilities Director. "We appreciate the public's patience as we work as quickly as possible to repair the potholes. And we urge all motorists to drive carefully, and give street crews the room they need to work."
Residents can report potholes and other non-emergency street problems can be reported in four ways:
- Call the Pothole Hotline at 402-441-7646. If that line is full, callers can use the Neighborhood Hotline at 402-441-6300.
- Call the Street Maintenance Division of Public Works and Utilities at 402-441-7701. Street problems requiring immediate action should be reported to this number.
- Use the online form available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: pothole).
- Use your mobile phone to send a photo to the City's ACTION center. The free application can be found in the Android Market and iTunes store (search for "Lincoln Action Center"). The message will automatically include GPS (global positioning system) information. This app should never be used while driving, and residents should never put themselves in danger to take a photo for the ACTION center.
Those reporting emergency situations should always use 911.