City of Lincoln
2016 Media Releases
- March 17, 2016
- For More Information Contact:
- Jess Sundeen, Project Manager, 402-416-5341 (Old Cheney)
- James Puls, Project Manager, 402-525-5641 (N. 27th)
Pavement Repair Work Continues
Pavement repair projects on Old Cheney Road and 27th Street will continue in different areas next week, weather permitting. Work began last summer as part of a comprehensive, proactive two-year plan to increase the pace and scale of street rehabilitation and repair across the City. The following work will be completed using lane closures, with at least one lane open in both directions at all times:
- Beginning Monday, March 21, work will begin on Old Cheney between Warlick Blvd. and 27th Street. The Old Cheney pavement repair project from Warlick to 40th Street is expected to be finished in August. While at least one lane will remain open eastbound and westbound, traffic may be delayed when concrete trucks need to use an open lane. More information on the project is available by contacting Jess Sundeen, Public Works and Utilities Department, at 402-416-5341 or email@example.com. More information on City construction projects is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: projects).
- Beginning Tuesday, March 22, work will continue on N. 27th Street between Fletcher Avenue and Wildcat Drive. Pavement repairs were substantially completed in this area in 2015, and the area will now be milled and overlaid. Curb ramps will also be reconstructed to meet current ADA standards. The work in the area is expected to be completed in mid-April. More information is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: 27th) or by contacting James Puls, Public Works and Utilities Department, at 402-525-5641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.