City of Lincoln
2017 Media Releases
- May 23, 2017
- For More Information Contact:
- Peggy Apthorpe, Aging Partners, 402-441-7796
Aging Partners Offers Free "Feeling Fit" Classes
The public is invited to participate in Aging Partners' "Feeling Fit" classes as part of the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series. Classes are from noon to 12:45 p.m. Fridays from June 2 through September 1 at the Jayne Snyder Trail Center, 21st and "Q" streets. All classes are free and open to the public, and no preregistration is required. Six different types of classes are offered:
- June 2 - Movement and Music: Explore elements of dance in a no-pressure, social environment at a comfortable pace.
- June 9 - Chair Tai Chi: Perform simple movements while sitting or standing near a chair.
- June 16 - Dynamic Movement: Stretching, breathing and a unique combination of exercises and dance steps will isolate muscle groups, enhance flexibility, increase heart rate and improve strength.
- June 23 - Qigong: Movements work with the body, breath, mind and subtle energies to attain health, vitality and longevity.
- June 30 - Fit Mix: An eclectic class that incorporates movements from dance, yoga, Tai Chi and Qigong.
- July 7, 14, 21 and 28 - Movement and Music
- August 4 - Fit Mix
- August 11 - Tai Chi, Moving for Better Balance: A fall prevention program using principles and movements of Tai Chi.
- August 18 - Dynamic Movement
- August 25 - Fit Mix
- September 1 - Qigong
The Move More Lincoln Wellness Series is designed to help individuals stay active, flexible and balanced. It is sponsored by the Community Health Endowment of Lincoln and Lincoln Parks and Recreation.
More information about Aging Partners is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov. More information about the Move More Lincoln Wellness Series can be found at chelincoln.org (select Move More Lincoln in the "News, Events & Resources" tab).