City of Lincoln
2019 Media Releases
- September 3, 2019
- Media Contact:
- Garren Hochstetler, Librarian, 402-441-8546
Read to a Dog Fall Session Begins October 8
Families are invited to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The fall session runs from October 8 through November 17. Preregistration is required except where noted. To register, contact the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
- Anderson Branch, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sundays, October 13 to November 17. This is a drop-in session to read to Eleanor, and no registration is required.
- Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S. 14th Street, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, October 8 to November 12. Email Janae at email@example.com to register to read to Pax.
- Bethany Branch, 1810 N. Cotner Boulevard, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, October 8 to November 12. This is a drop-in session to read to Harry, and no registration is required.
- Eiseley Branch, 1530 Superior Street, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays, October 13 to November 17. Email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Daisy.
- South Branch, 2675 South Street, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Sundays, October 13 to November 17. Email Heather at email@example.com to register to read to Nanook.
- Walt Branch, 6701 S. 14th Street:
- 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. Saturdays, October 12 to November 16. Email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Mojo.
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, October 10 to November 21 (no session Oct. 31). Call Dr. Harvey at 402-217-9019 to register to read to Hugh.
- 6:30 to 7:50 p.m. Wednesdays, October 9 to November 13. Email Allison at email@example.com to register to read to Rainy the Cat.
For information about Lincoln City Libraries and its services, visit lincolnlibraries.org.