Bluff Road Yard Waste Composting Facility
The Bluff Road Yard Waste Composting facility is located at the Bluff Road Landfill site (6001 Bluff Road). It is designed for used by commercial refuse haulers and commercial lawn maintenance companies hauling yard wastes. Private residents using small vehicles and hauling only yard wastes may also use the Bluff Road Yard Waste Composting facility. However, small vehicles cannot dispose of other waste items at this site.
- Yard waste is defined as grass and leaves, and includes crabgrass and pine needles.
- Yard wastes must be free of garbage, litter and other debris.
- Clean brush or tree waste which is free of soil and other debris is accepted.
- All brush larger than 1 inch in diameter must be separated from grass and leaves and placed in a designated area as directed.
- Plastic bags are not accepted. Yard waste can only be contained in special bio-degradable paper bags available at area retail stores or brought to the site in bulk without containers.
- All loads must be covered to enter this facility.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday||6:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.|
|Saturday||6:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Closed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day
Finished compost is available to the general public through area landscapers, garden centers and dirt contractors. For more information on obtaining compost call the Lincoln Recycling Office at 402-441-8215.